The policy also provides details on how we use and protect the users’ data collected through our website, social media page, mobile website, web application, or via our interaction with you on the phone or email.
Given below are the details.
Types of User Data:
We collect information about our users in multiple ways and this contains the following details.
The data includes your
- Email address
- Shipping address
- Phone number
- Demographic information such as (postcodes, preferences, age, gender, etc)
We receive the above-mentioned details as a user willingly gets registered with our website http://localhost/wordpress/ or engaged in any other online activities on our site such as live chat, adding reviews, or filling out the quotation form.
A user is in no way bound to share personal information but ignoring some queries may not let you enjoy all the features of our website.
Upon a visitor’s landing on our website, we get the following details:
The derived information includes:
- User’s IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating systems
- A list of URLs; referring site
- The pages a visitor navigates through.
- Total time spent on the site
- And the site it exits to
How do we Use Users’ Data?
We make sure the users’ data is used in legalised ways under data protection laws.
It is used to;
- Make your navigation user-friendly and smooth.
- Create and manage your accounts.
- Send you newsletters about the new products, promotions, services discounts, or any other business-related update, which you may find interesting.
- Contact you for marketing purposes.
- Monitor your activities and search trends on our website, to provide you with a more customized experience.
- Increase the efficiency and working of the website.
Where legitimate, we may share your data with our chosen supply chains or logistic partners, while making sure that this information wouldn’t be used illegally.
Legal Sharing of your Data
Computer Waste London is obliged to keep the privacy of your data; however, it is shared legally in the following ways.
With Permission or To Preserve Rights
Users’ information will only be shared where needed but as per laws and regulations. It might be shared in response to a legal process, to investigate or cope with potential breaching of our policies.
We may also need to share your data when subject to a court order or government authority for legal proceedings for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
NOTE: We do not share your data with our affiliates.
Measures to Protect Our Users’ Data Safe
We protect your data from potential leakage while taking legalised and purposeful measures.
To protect your data from unauthorised access, such as user/password hacking, account credential theft, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, we at Computer Waste London use all technical, administrative, and physical measures.
There are the following ways we preserve your personal information by;
- Immediately wipe your data, when it is no longer useful for us.
- Making it a legal obligation for our staff members and service providers to maintain the privacy of the users.
- Taking special measures while using or passing users’ information within the staff.
- Using SSL (secure socket layer) which is an industry-standard encryption protocol to transmit data received from the users.
What is Data Storage Duration?
Computer Waste London stores your data for as long as required for the following purposes;
- When updating you about a product or service is needed.
- Once the contract between you and us is expired, or when you delete your user account on our website, we will delete all your information stored with us.
However, in the case of a legal proceeding such as the taxation process, it may be saved a little longer. This data may include – your contact details and interest in our products or services which we can use in the future to send you marketing emails (but you may unsubscribe anytime).
Know what is in your control!
It’s totally up to users’ control if they want to share their personal information with us or not. Given below is the detail of some control features through which you can willingly keep or share your personal information.
- You may request a copy of your personal information that we have collected and saved with us through our website, social media email, or phone call.
- While visiting our website, the user is asked to subscribe to get any of the updates regarding our products or services; nonetheless, it is in the user’s control either to deny or accept that option.
- In case you subscribe to our newsletters or updates or any other correspondence, and at any instant in the future, you no longer want to receive them, click on the unsubscribe button or use any of the given opt-out options.
- If you don’t want to receive updates or correspondence from a third party, you need to contact them directly.
- You may enjoy some of the features on our website without giving any personal information.
As you start visiting our website, we will provide you with the option of either rejecting or accepting the cookies. However, by rejecting you might face denial for some special features on the website.
The cookies are designed to enhance your browsing experience and product or service search on our website.
By using the information collected through our cookies, we can provide you with a more personalized experience for your next visit to our website. You can turn off the cookies at any time you want.